- Teacher for Jazz-Trumpet at the University of Saarbrücken (GER)
- Principal trumpet in the Luxembourg Army Concert Band
- Ernie recorded 6 cd's under his own name and he can be heard as a sideman on over 35 recordings in various music genres.
Ernie Hammes studied classical music in Luxembourg as well as in France before he joined the Luxembourg Army Concert Band in 1987 to become their principal trumpet. In 1991 he started his jazz studies with Ack Van Rooyen at the Conservatory of The Hague (NL). In 1997, he went to New York City to study at the Manhattan School of Music with Lew Soloff
- 1997-“FESTIVAL”– classical tumpet works with orchestra/organ
- 2000 -“STEPWISE”- with own jazz group feat. Bob Mintzer. Produced by Lew Soloff.
- 2005 -„NIGHT LIGHTS“ – recorded live with EHG at the „INOUI“ in Redange, Luxembourg.
- 2006 – „TRUMPET CLASSICS“ – baroque and romantic works for trumpet/piccolo trumpet and organ as well as w. brass quintet.
- 2006 – „MF HORN 6 – LIVE AT RONNIE’S“ – with Maynard FERGUSON & Big Bop Nouveau, live recording at the Ronnie SCOTT’S Jazz Club in London.
- 2007 – „FREED & FEIER“ – composition of the music for the fireworks for the Luxembourg National Day 2007. (plus more recordings for trumpet and concert band, recorded with the Luxembourg Army Concert Band)
- 2008 – 2013 several recordings with the Amina FIGAROVA 6-tet
- 2007 – „RETOUR A GOREE“ – documentary movie about slavery and jazz with a.o. Youssou N’DOUR…
- 1997, 2000 and 2003 and 2005, several footages about Ernie’s career on RTL (Luxembourg Radio and Television Company)
- 2011 – “SANFRANCHA” -with EHG featuring many guest musicians a.o. Claudio Roditi. All original compositions in the “latin-jazz” style.
- …as well as over 35 recordings as sideman…
“1997 DOWNBEAT STUDENT MUSIC AWARD” for jazz ensemble and big band.
Nominee for the Eurodjango 2008 in the category “European Masters of Jazz”
Please also have a look at the great media samples in our media section